Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Fresh Start

Hi everyone, my name is Fidelis Athanasius. I am 11 weeks old and finally in my forever home. My last owner called me Jax, but my new mommy says Fidelis means "faithful" and I think that is what she expects of me. It's a name that seems to be a lot to live up to. I can live up to Jax. I have no problem getting covered in powdered cheese and curling up somewhere...probably the couch.

Mommy also says that Fidelis is a good name for me since I am a German Shepherd Dog and Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen was a German saint who liked to bite, I mean convert heretics. Mommy says that St. Athanasius fought heretics too. I think heretics are people who don't carry dog biscuits in their pockets. There can't be anything worse that that. Then there are people who have yapper dogs. I don't like yapper dogs, especially if they are Chihuahuas.

I lost my last home because of Chihuahuas. They were mean little things. Only about the size of rats, but they had sharp teeth. They didn't like me living with them so they decided to attack me and bite my face and neck. Sometimes they would bite and hang on. I never did anything to them, but my last family was afraid that I would hurt them, so they brought me back to my breeder. There aren't any yapper dogs there. It was nice to be back with my doggie mom again. She's a longhaired black German Shepherd. I look like my dad though, he's a shorthaired white German Shepherd. .

I liked being back with my doggie family, but I was happy when my breeder found a new home for me with some of his friends. My new mommy and daddy picked me up yesterday. They were so nice to me that I fell asleep in the car on the ride home. The car ride was scary, but mommy sat next to me and let me put my head in her lap. I love my new house. There is a nice yard for me to run in and a really comfy couch. I'll pass on the cheese when I curl up on it. They even have a little boy for me to run around with. He's a lot of fun.

The house was still kind of scary so I stayed as close to Mommy as I could. I really love her.

I'll be back, I think I smell treats!!! Keep checking back for more posts.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Southern California.

    I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to :-)

    God Bless You, ~Ron

    ReplyDelete